Convenient, professional service
Cooper Health always tries to provide an efficient, professional, courteous service in a welcoming atmosphere. We always endeavour to assist the prospective employee in providing a confidential and discreet medical service, We pride ourselves that we are very competitive with our fees and that we get all the pathology results back very quickly. Depending on what time of day you are booked in or arrive, we get results back for RCCL/Celebrity/Azmara in 24 hours and NCL/Oceania/Regent/Carnival in 2-4 working days.
- Our clinic is centrally located just behind Oxford Street, convenient for the main embassies.
- The clinic is easily accessible with good transport links from all areas of the UK.
- We are professional, discreet, speedy and efficient.
- Same day appointments are available every day. We try to arrange appointments that suit you.
- We work Monday to Friday starting at 8.30 am.
Cooper Health is a member of the International Panel of Medical Examiners of the UK. We care about your cruise and visa medicals and provide a convenient, professional service for most leading cruise lines and embassies, including RCCL, Celebrity, Azmara, Pullmantur, Carnival, NCL, Oceania and Regent.
- Comprehensive physical examination/checking past medical history, height, weight, blood pressure, lung function tests (spirometry), urinalysis, checking all your cardiovascular, respiratory, alimentary, nervous and urogenital systems.
- Chest x-ray and basic hearing and eye tests.
- Blood and urine tests.
- There are no internal examinations.
The medical takes between 1 to 2 hours depending which cruise line medical is required.
- Please fast for 12 hours before the time of the appointment. However, you can and must continue to drink water during those 12 hours and on the day of the medical, as we always require a urine sample to be given at the time of the medical. If you are taking medication, please continue taking your medication as directed by your doctor.
We cover a comprehensive list of vaccines for an extra cost, including:
- Yellow Fever
- Varicella IgG
A cruise line or visa medical costs from £350. We can offer travel vaccinations at an extra cost. When booking this appointment, please advise the secretary, if travel vaccinations are required. We are transparent with our pricing, so please discuss with the office staff at the time of booking your appointment and they will be happy to assist you with any queries.
Please bring along Photo ID and your passport. If you are attending the US Embassy prior to the date or time of the medical, please take a photocopy of the passport number and photo, as sometimes the Embassy holds onto the passport. It is advisable to bring along an additional form of photo ID such as a driving licence or work ID.
Please find out the necessary travel vaccinations for your itinerary on the Cruise Line that you are working on. If you are up to date with your vaccinations, please bring along written confirmation/proof. This must include date of vaccination given, name of vaccination, expiry date and batch number.
If you are being hired through a recruiter/hirer, please bring along the contact name and email address.
If you are Re-Hire, please bring along the last original medical paperwork provided for the previous Cruise Line
When we have all the results, they are emailed to the Cruise Line medical sections or recruiters/hirers (if required). We copy in the prospective employee by email. Then, depending on the urgency of the case, we either send the medicals to a nominated person, home address either First Class Recorded Delivery if delivery is non-urgent, or next day Guaranteed Delivery if a prospective employee is due to depart the UK very shortly after the medical has taken place. Original medical paperwork can be collected by hand, if a prospective employee prefers this arrangement.