Convenient, professional service
- Our clinic is centrally located just behind Oxford Street, convenient for the main embassies.
- The clinic is easily accessible with good transport links from all areas of the UK.
- We are professional, discreet, speedy and efficient.
- Same day appointments are available every day. We try to oblige however we can and try to arrange appointments that suit you.
- Our fees for these medicals are very competitive.
Cooper Health is a member of the International Panel of Medical Examiners of the UK. We care about your cruise and visa medicals and provide a convenient, professional service for most leading cruise lines and embassies.
- Comprehensive physical examination/checking past medical history, height, weight, blood pressure, lung function tests (spirometry), urinalysis, checking all your cardiovascular, respiratory, alimentary, nervous and urogenital systems.
- Chest x-ray and basic hearing and eye tests.
- Blood and urine tests.
- There are no internal examinations.
The medical takes approximately 90 minutes to two hours, depending on the extent of the tests.
Please fast for 12 hours before the time of the appointment. However, you can and must drink water, as we always require a urine sample to be given at the time of the medical. If you are taking medication, please continue taking your medication as directed by your doctor.
If a female patient prefers to see a female doctor, please make this clear to the secretary. We can provide chaperones for all patients, if requested.
We cover a comprehensive list of vaccines for an extra cost, including:
- Yellow Fever.
- Varicella IgG.
A cruise line or visa medical costs from £350. We can offer travel vaccinations at an extra cost. When booking this appointment, please advise the secretary, if travel vaccinations are required. We are transparent with our pricing, so please discuss with Alison or Karen at the time of booking your appointment and they will be happy to assist you with any queries.
Please bring photo ID and your passport as we require your passport number. It would be helpful for you to bring along a schedule of any childhood inoculations or details of any travel vaccinations to assist us.
Detailed reports including all the complete pathology (blood and urine) and x-ray results are back within 24 – 48 hours. We then scan copies to the relevant Cruise Line or recruitment agency and the original hard copies can either be picked up from us, or sent confidentially by 1st class registered Post to the employee at a nominated address.