Comprehensive medical service
Basic insurance medicals with blood tests are generally completed in 30-40 minutes. More detailed tests can be arranged – see below.
Insurance companies request medical examinations for many reasons including the need to properly underwrite a policy such as one for Life Insurance. The examination will verify that the health declaration you have made on your application is correct providing the insurer with the information needed to make a determination whether or not to issue a policy to you. Once the medical examination is completed, the results are sent directly to the insurer for an underwriter to review.
We arrange appointments so that all tests follow-on immediately from the medical to minimise any delay. We are in a position to provide most tests on site and aim to make an insurance medical a calm, comfortable and relaxing experience. Discretion and confidentiality is guaranteed at all times.
Detailed medical reports are completed and returned to the relevant insurance company, with rapid and accurate results often available on the same day.
Scope of the insurance medical
Basic insurance medicals include blood tests. More detailed tests can include some or all of the following items:
- Exercise testing
- Urine tests
- Saliva tests
- Drug abuse screening
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the appointment at Cooper Health.
- When appointments are made, you will be advised about fasting requirements for blood tests, but please do continue to drink water, as you will be requested to give a urine sample as part of the medical.
- In some cases, you will be requested to bring Photo ID. You will be advised if this is necessary, when making an appointment.
- If an Exercise ECG is required as part of the medical, please bring along gym gear e.g. shorts, t-shirt and trainers or wear loose clothing. The Exercise ECGs are carried out on site.
- All Exercise ECGs are arranged around the medical, to avoid any unnecessary waiting around.
- A medical consisting of an Exercise ECG and blood and urine tests, normally takes approximately 1 ½- 1 ¾ hours.
The majority of insurance medical fees are paid for by the insurance companies. Sometimes, if an overseas insurance company is involved, they ask clients to pay us up front, in which case, you will get a fee breakdown. You will make payment on the day of the medical and we will provide a receipt so you can get the fees reimbursed.